Monday, October 1, 2012

Hey! Where'd my feet go?!


35 weeks today!

Baby girl and I decided to celebrate by spending a day at the park, just the two of us. I’m convinced Seattle is giving our little family a special treat because the weather here has been unbelievably amazing. Apparently it isn’t very Seattle-like for the end of September/beginning of October. You better believe we’re soaking in as much of it as we possibly can!

Two more weeks until baby girl is considered full term.
Five more weeks until my due date (Nov. 5th).
Six more weeks until I’m 41 weeks pregnant.
(I added that last one just in case she decides to come a little later than expected)

Here is my attempt at a “do it yourself” pregnancy shot, which is a lot harder than I thought. After the fifth try you just kind of have to get creative.


If any of you reading this have experienced pregnancy, you can relate to how confusing and frustrating the last month can be. The warning signs for preterm labor and the regular pregnancy aches and pains are almost exactly the same, minus the blood. Contractions can mean a lot of different things and you have to try and tell the difference between false labor and actual labor. 

False labor?! Come on guys. That shouldn't even exist.

Last night it all really got to me and I had my first MAJOR pregnancy breakdown… poor Brady. For the most part this pregnancy hasn’t seemed long at all and I’ve handled it well (or so Brady tells me) but sometimes not being able to reach your feet to put on shoes or having to have your husband roll you out of bed because you can’t get up yourself just gets to you. Sometimes you feel REALLY big or sometimes it just plain hurts and you need to cry.

Lucky for me I have a husband who is willing to hold me tight and bring me tissues.
Lucky for me I have two sisters who have recently been through this and can help. 
Lucky for me I was able to get pregnant without a problem.
Lucky for me my body is growing a strong, healthy baby girl.

Yes…

Lucky for me there are plenty of things to be grateful for.


The end is in sight and baby girl and I are going to make it!

2 comments:

  1. I remember falling off the toilet onto my knees because I couldn't hoist my huge body up enough to stand. Then I crawled to the tub, pulled myself up enough to grab the towel bar and pulled. The last month can be grueling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...