Thursday, October 4, 2012

Over the Weekend...

Every week Brady and I alternate who does family home evening and who does date night. It's a pretty sweet deal because it gives Brady a break from always having to come up with the ideas and it gives me a chance to throw in some SUPER romantic, mushy things every once in awhile. Candlelight dinners, back massages, and roses only happen on an anniversary? Not in this house!

Last Friday was my turn to come up with something, so I decided to take us to Pikes Place Market for a little day date.

It's like a farmers market on steroids and definitely not the place for your typical agoraphobe but we sure liked it! I'm not quite sure if the market runs year round or not but if it does, this is one of the first places I'm having our families go when they come up (like they'll have a ton of free time on their hands with taking care of me and the babes:) ).

Brady loved the fresh seafood. Kate not so much.


That little guy was very much alive and would have loved to get a chunk of Brady's finger.

Kate loved the vibrant colors and fresh flowers. Brady not so much.
That probably has to do with the fact that it took me a good fifteen minutes to pick the ones I wanted. Patient man :)


That bouquet I'm holding only cost $5. FIVE DOLLARS! We will definitely be seeing more of those in our house.

These made us miss Liesl and super excited for fall.
Let's get a closer look, shall we?

Mmmmmm... don't these just make you want to drink some apple cider and jump in a pile of leaves?

There were so many interesting things to see.
Yes, that IS a real person. I was totally mesmerized.



Some things more strange than others...

Someday maybe I'll get enough courage to go on that thing.

We'll see what Brady comes up with for this weeks date. Will it top Pikes Place? I think not :)

Before we part, take another gander at my lovely flowers.

Fabulous! And the best part is they haven't even died yet. Points for me!

1 comment:

  1. OK so I have to have a string of those fabulous peppers. My kitchen would love them! I have to have one of those strings of garlic, fish for dinner and a ride on that fantastic ferris wheel! Come on baby girl lets get going!!! Grandma is anxious to come!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...