Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Countdown to motherhood guest post: Katya Camp


(He's much, MUCH older but this is just the best picture)

So, funny story about Ayden. He will be a year old on Oct 16. I am convinced that little kids, especially toddlers, know instinctively which button to push in order to cause the most damage to whatever electronic device you happen to be using. Time and time again, this sweet little mischeif maker has deleted facebook posts, sent unfinished e-mails, clicked on inappropriate ads on the side of the page, called random strangers, or hit redial and called grandma, daddy, and various violin students. He is also an expert at turning on the xbox, selecting Netflix, and turning on Yo Gabba Gabba, even occasionally turning off the show mommy is watching first. :)

One day, Ayden crawled off to the bedroom by himself without me noticing. I was in the kitchen doing dishes. I heard the TV and xbox turn on and then heard the opening music for Halo. I thought my husband must have come home without my noticing, so I went into the bedroom to say hi. There was Ayden, sitting on the bed looking up at the TV with an xbox controller in his hand, fiddling around on the Halo menu. When he saw me, he looked up as if to say, "What? That's what this thing is for, isn't it?" I laughed so hard, I thought I was going to be sick!

Now every time daddy is playing games, he has to take the battery pack out of one of the controllers so little dude can "play" along with him. :)

It always amazes me how fast Ayden learns things. I think most kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. Scary smart, sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...