Monday, October 15, 2012

They finally came

Well, everyone we finally made it to "full" term! 37 weeks today and my stomach still seems to be growing by the minute. Baby girl and I celebrated by taking a nap:)

On the agenda for tonight's F.H.E (family home evening): pack hospital bag and diaper bag, create birth plan, and put baby girl's comfy new stroller in the car. I have to admit, it'll feel a little weird driving around with an empty car seat for awhile.

 I've had a couple of you ask about our nursery. Last weekend kind of felt like Christmas morning at our house because baby girl's car seat/stroller and nursery furniture finally arrived.

Brady made us lug that car seat out to our car to make sure it'd fit before I got too attached to it. I have to admit, it was pretty adorable watching him try and decide the best place for it to go and watch him try and figure out how to strap it in.

 Hopefully, very few of you remember the state of my nursery when I wrote this post. All I can say is, I was glad to have such a handy man when we tried to put that furniture together. "Some" assembly required my foot!

We were a great team! Brady was the head assembler and I was assistant assembler (mainly I just watched and occasionally handed him a screw or two). Have you ever seen the directions for nursery furniture? They only use pictures, no words. That can get really confusing when all the pieces look EXACTLY the same. Luckily, Brady didn't have a hard time because of all the mad skills he acquired from his lego building days (those instructions only use pictures as well).

Shall we do a before and after picture of our new and improved nursery? I think we shall!
Before...
 And after!

Tada! Hey, you can actually see the color of the carpet now. How nice.

I walked into the nursery the other day to find this little quilt spread out over the mattress. Brady had laid it out so it'd be ready for baby girls arrival, which I thought was REALLY cute :) Daddy is so ready for her to be here, he can't hardly stand it.
So there you are. The walls are bare and there is still a pile of stuff in the corner, conveniently placed behind the door so it can't be seen in these pictures, but we're getting close.

Brady also requested that I play a little game with my "avid" readers. We'll call it "Guess when baby girl will be born"! I wish I could offer the winner $50 dollars or something cool like that, but all I can give you is the title of winner and maybe, if I'm feeling really crazy, I'll buy you your favorite candy bar.

So post your guess in the comment section below and we'll see which  one of you will win that awesome title "WINNER" and get the candy bar of your choice. Ready go!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm I would really like to vote for Nov 3. That would be perfect but I suspect that it will be Nov 7. Stop yelling ! you said to guess. Beautiful nursery. I Love it and can't wait to se t in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man you sure are a cute pregnant lady!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to guess maybe November 1st or something. But we will see. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...