Thursday, December 20, 2012

In a one horse open sleigh.

Yesterday we went to temple square with my family for a carriage ride and hot chocolate. My gosh it was fun! Seattle only had a handful of houses with christmas lights and we left all our christmas decorations here in Utah so it hasn't really felt like Christmas until now. It was so nice to be able to go to temple square and just be surrounded by the lights and festivities. My mom and my sister bought extra hot chocolate to give to some of the freezing performers and homeless people outside. It made me realize that the feeling of christmas doesn't necessarily come from the lights and laughter and festivities around us. It comes from remembering Christ, and at the very least remembering what he taught. Thank you mom and Jodie for making it feel more like Christ-mas instead of just christmas. May we all take time this season to reach for the hands that hang low and lift up the hearts that seem heavy. Just like the Savior did.

Here are just a few of the pictures we took:
^^^Mary and her black eye. Mary-zero Swinging gate-one^^^
 ^^^Macy's had an awesome window display! Those ornaments are made completely of candy. It literally gave me cavities there was so much candy.^^^
 ^^^It looks like I'm just carrying an empty snow suit but I promise Tessa was somewhere in there. It was a little too big, I guess :)^^^
 ^^^He may seem like just a regular boy but under that blue coat is his spiderman outfit. Yes, Peter Parker took a break from saving the city to ride in a carriage around temple square.^^^
 ^^^Brady and I call this boy "Big Ben." Seriously, by the time this kiddo is one he'll be the same size as Jack.^^^
^^^Jack's lyrics to "Jingle Bells":
jingle bells,
smatman smells,
rothers raised an egg.
batmobile lost a wheel and the joker got away.
(delayed) hey!^^^
^^^See, I told you there was a baby in there!^^^ 

I'm so grateful for my little family and for this holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. We had such a wonderful time. The carriage ride was super COLD!!! It felt like winter for sure. Blessed hot coco.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...