Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Amateurs

You know you're a first time mom when you wear your nursing pads inside out for the first three days. Nice.

Our first night with Tessa, I had the overwhelming realization that, "Oh my gosh, I have NO idea what to do now!" I'm sure Brady felt the same way, or at least that's the look he had on his face most of the night. No amount of parenting books could have prepared us for what it's like to be a parent, or maybe they would have, if we had read any parenting books. No such luck.

Let me tell you, that night was a rough one. Many times we were tempted to call one of our moms to come back to the hospital and save us, which I'm sure they would have gladly done. Luckily, we survived and since then have gradually gotten the hang of this whole parenting thing... until she throws us a curve ball like having a tummy ache or needing a bath or needing to be fed, etc. Basically, it's been a week and we're probably still in the dark.

All I can say is moms are the best! Older, more seasoned moms, that is. I'm not sure what we would have done if my mom hadn't have been here and, bonus!, Brady's mom is coming to help out for a few days after my mom leaves.

On Saturday we surprised Tessa with her first bath and she surprised us with a bunch of little floaties in the tub, poop and pee everywhere! Take a look at this cute face...seconds before the big blow out, sneaky thing.
Currently, I'm feeding my baby, blogging and drinking my tea at the same time...so, maybe we really are getting the hang of this whole parenting thing.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...