Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My baby is getting bigger.

Tessa turns one month old in a couple of days and she wants to announce it to everyone
You tell 'em baby girl :)

I can't believe it's already been a whole month since little Tessa came into this world. You really don't realize how fast time goes until something comes into your life that you really don't want to end, like having a newborn. She's changing every day! I can hear the collective groans coming from the grandparents as we speak. All I can say is (sigh) I know, right?

On our trip Brady said to me once or twice, "Kate, she's getting bigger and I don't like it. I just want her to stay like this." Ever since then I've noticed it too. A couple weeks ago her 0-3 month old pants totally drowned her and today they fit just right. Just the other day I had to get a bigger onesie because I couldn't get the newborn one to fit over her head. Today, while nursing, I noticed her hands and arms are filling out.

On one side, it makes me feel excited and blessed to watch my baby girl growing and developing. There are so many fun stages coming up in the next few months and I can't wait to see them (first laughter, sitting up, etc. ). On the flip side, it makes me feel desperate, like I only have so much time with my precious little baby.  She's just growing before my eyes and no matter how close or tight I hold her, I can't seem to get her to stop. Today was a bitter sweet day for mama because her baby will never be one month old again. I guess that's why mommies have more babies. So, they can experience that split second newborn stage again and again. Don't worry Brady, I'm not planning on having another one any time soon :)

On Saturday my family had some family photos taken. Brady and I snagged our soon to be sister-in-law to take a few shots of us. They turned out really great and I think we're going to have to blow one or two of them up and stick them on our wall.



I sure love my little family :)

Happy one month Tessa Kaye!
Let's cross our fingers that month two takes its sweet, sweet time.

1 comment:

  1. Man o man I miss that little girl. Dad and I both enjoy sleeping with her!!! Big empty bed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...