Sunday, March 3, 2013

The best recipe for happiness? A little Christmas spirit in March (Part II).

^Every man in Seattle seems to have a beard. I think it looks pretty darn good on my hubby.^
^Brady built this huge train track around the tree. It wound through presents and under the couch and even went up a ramp. Pretty awesome.^
^I made Brady take pictures of my favorite ornaments. I was so in love with that glass ballerina. Someday, maybe Tessa will be my little ballerina. One can only hope.^
^Since we never seemed to get the chance to take newborn pictures we had a special photo shoot with Tessa. Isn't she just precious!^
I can't tell you how much I love this picture of two grown men playing with an old train set. Here's why I love it. One of my "must haves" on my list for my future husband was that he had to be invested in his children. I thought Brady could be that way but I wasn't sure. Then I met Ron (Brady's dad). A couple evenings with Ron and I knew Brady was the right man. Ron is as invested in his children as someone could possibly be. He never missed a game, a choir concert, or a dance recital. Wherever his kids are in the house, you'll find Ron. He knows how to play and he genuinely loves being around his family. Brady is 25 years old and Ron will still take him out back to play catch. I knew that Brady would love my children and nurture them always because he grew up experiencing that. I love this picture so much because it shows perfectly the kind of dad Ron is and the kind of dad Brady will be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...