Monday, February 25, 2013

The best recipe for happiness? Big, blue eyes.

This picture is currently our desktop background. On Saturday afternoon our little family took a trip to the park. The weather was fabulous. Brady snapped some shots of the landscape while I introduced Tessa to things like waves and ducks. Can you imagine being where she is right now? Where everything is new, just waiting to be explored. It seems so thrilling. I'm really grateful for cameras that can capture moments like this.

Today while fishing through Tessa's drawer to find her something to wear, I found the pants from this post. When she was born they were too big for her and now, even if I tried, I couldn't get them past her knees. I walked to the bathroom to watch her and Brady playing during her bath. I'll admit I got misty eyed. My baby is growing so fast. I asked time to slow down and then I blinked twice and whoosh! in a couple of days my little girl is going to be four months old. This mothering business is SO bittersweet. I love when she hits her milestones but I miss my little newborn in her bundle of blankets.

She loves to jump. She's on the verge of rolling from her tummy to her back and from her back to her tummy. We'll see which comes first. She loves to rub her hands against her daddy's beard. She'll look you right in the eyes and talk to you. She smiles when we practice our ABC's (especially D for Da Da and M for Ma Ma). She has to have her thumb and her baby lamb for nap times. If it were up to her she'd already be walking everywhere. So much personality and so much love. And the best part? Those big, blue eyes.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...