Thursday, September 20, 2012

So, how's Seattle?

This morning was my first time "on my own" since I arrived in Seattle. So, I took some time to answer the question above, in case any of you were wondering.

The week leading up to our big move was a CRAZY time for us. Brady had to drive to Seattle for orientation and try and find us an apartment (yes, we still hadn't found a place yet). He got back on the 13th, we packed the moving truck the 14th, and on the 15th we had our all day birthing class (more on that later), Maggie's fundraising carnival, Ron's birthday and the BYU/U of U football game.

Needless to say, we were pretty pooped come Sunday.

 Brady and Ron left at about six in the morning on the 16th and tackled the 13+ hour drive to Seattle (men are so wonderful!). I, luckily, only had to fly a "grueling" hour and a half the following day because my doctor didn't want me driving for so long (Hooray, for pregnancy!).

I'm pretty sure if the flight had been much longer I wouldn't have made it. The man sitting next to me, closest to the aisle slept the whole trip! Pregnancy plus zero bathroom breaks does NOT mix! Lets just say I waddled off that plane as fast as my legs would carry me.

Rather than go into extreme detail (you can call me for that :)  ), here are just a few highlights from the past couple of days:

Monday 17
We landed at about 3 in the afternoon, Seattle time. Brady was so excited to pick me up from the airport and show me around our new stomping grounds. Such a surreal feeling...this place is my new home for the next five to six years!

If you ever come to Seattle you MUST eat at Pike Street Fish Fry. It is amazing. Trust me.

Here we are waiting for our meal. Little did I know, I was about to have an "I just think I died and went to heaven" experience. Once you have fresh fish you never go back.

Brady wanted to show Ron, Liesl and I around a bit, so we took a trip out to Lake Washington.


The main attraction? Blackberries. They're everywhere and Brady just can't get enough of them. Here's a batch he picked right across the street from our house this morning.


During our little blackberry fest, Kate here had a pretty nasty fall. Lose your footing on one rock and that's it, there's no catching your balance when you're pregnant... because you have no balance in the first place!

It just so happens that I fell on the only big rock around... right on the side of my stomach. Great. Isn't that just how it goes sometimes? Luckily, we went to the doctors on Wednesday and baby girl seems to be fine.

Almost 34 weeks pregnant and about seven more weeks to go. Can you believe it! Here is the long awaited pregnancy picture.



Tuesday 18
Tuesday at 4 in the AM we put Brady's parents on a plane back to Salt Lake. On the way home we realized this was it, we were officially on our own.

Tuesday night we went on a date to Ikea. I thought corn mazes were easy to get lost in! Have you been to that place?! We were able to find exactly what we were looking for though. I'd like you to meet the newest members of our family... lamp and house plant.


Hopefully we're able to keep this plant alive longer than the last one... Luckily, house plant doesn't know our track record.

Wednesday 19
Wednesday after the doctors we went on a date to the Locks. Boy, you would have thought it was Christmas morning. Brady loves big ships. When you visit us in Seattle, which I hope you will, we'll take you all to the Locks because even though I'm not a huge boat person, it's pretty dang nifty.



Pretty neat, eh?

Brady took the picture below, by the way! How awesome is that? It's a good thing one of us actually remembers to document our lives (and has some natural talent for photography), otherwise this blog would sorely be lacking.


Oh seattle...
with your sock-less, ginger ale drinking hipsters and your soup making, rain boot wearing weather...
I think I might love you.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you!!! So looking forward to coming to Seattle and seeing you, Brady and Jamie or Jaymee(yet to have spelling decided upon) : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...