Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The best recipe for happiness? A little bit of fresh air.

Over the weekend Brady surprised Tessa and I by taking us on a family hike. I loved hiking in Utah but hiking in Washington makes Utah seem like a barren wasteland (just kidding...almost). This was Tessa's very first hiking trip and I think she did pretty well! We did have to carry her in our arms half of the way but as soon as we took her out of her carrier she was smiling non stop and talking up a storm. Seriously, people were beginning to stare. Funny little chatterbox. Tessa is a beam of light. Everyone that crosses her path can feel that light and they can't help but smile at her, or talk to her, or touch her. It's intoxicating. I'm lucky enough to drink in her sweet spirit every single day and I forget what joy she brings to other people. The lush green was exactly what my soul needed. Sometimes I get so caught up in this mothering gig that I give myself little opportunity to just stop and look in awe at the splendor around me. I live in such a beautiful place and I don't want to waste any of the time our family gets to spend here. We've decided to make Saturdays our "Family Adventure" day and I can't wait to see what we end up doing next!
^If anyone has a carrier that they are just raving about, please share. This one is no bueno.^
^The bridge felt like it was a hundred feet in the air. Heights make me nervous but heights with your kids is unbearable!^
^Everything is just covered in a thick coat of moss. So GREEN!^
^This picture doesn't even do it justice and Brady is one of the best at taking pictures. It was so cool.^
When you come to visit, which I hope you do, I'd love to take you on this hike. It does the body good :)

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, the height in the video made me nervous. I would love to do that hike. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think giving the camera as a gift was really a gift to Mary Ann and I too! Money WELL SPENT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...