Thursday, July 4, 2013

The best recipe for happiness? A big meal.


I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm loving feeding Tessa these days. It used to be so frustrating for me but now that she's eight months old we've started to give her whatever we're having for dinner. Last night she had stuffed peppers and baked potatoes. Much more appetizing than the pureed baby food, which she's not a fan of.

Tessa is so independent! She doesn't like being spoon fed and wants to do everything herself. The problem is, you can't eat pureed peaches with your hands and she can't quite get the spoon to her mouth without the food slipping off. Frustrated Tessa. Frustrated mom. She's loved the past few days because she can actually pick the food up with her hands. No spoon needed! No mom needed! 

In the pictures below she was eating manicotti for lunch. Let me just say, this girl knows how to enjoy her dinner. She has to be hosed down after every meal and I find left over food in the strangest places...ears, hair, diaper, between her toes, you name it, foods been there.

Last night she was so messy she had to have a pre-bath before her actual bath. You might say I'm overdoing it with the baths but you try and keep her from eating the floating food mixed with soap. Yuck. I'll take the double bath. 

In the next day or two she's going to try some BBQ chicken (blended so it's a little easier to chew) and she's going to LOVE it. My fearless adventurer is also a fearless eater. 
  

Happy 4th!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures. She is changing so much, getting so grown up! My goodness, Aug 9th just can't come fast enough!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...